I appreciate everyone's input.  We are going to try to implement the
VSWITCH.

Thanks
Gene

Gene Walters
System Programmer
WV Dept of Administration - OT
304-558-5914 ext 8902
Fax 304-558-1351

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 5/14/2007 1:42:51 PM >>>
> > If it were me, I'd probably go with the VSWITCH. Heartbeat packets
> > really don't exploit the best parts of real hipersockets (high
volume
> > bulk data transfer) much, and the ability to separate stuff easily
later
> > is a big architectural win in my book.
> >
> Makes sense, particularly in our case where we have redundant OSA
cards.

Although since real hipersockets run over the system memory backplane,
you also have multiple buses to work with there, so you get built-in
redundancy. If that memory bus isn't working, then you're not doing
much
with the machine anyway, and it's always built in, so you don't have
worry about it at DR sites.

I'd still do the VSWITCH, though. IMHO, it's a more flexible option.

send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390
or visit