Mark Post wrote:
On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 11:45 AM, in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,

Kim Goldenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-snip-

Maybe Mark can post his list anyway?

I just went through a SLES9 install on my Hercules box and played with package
selections.  Following is a list of all the packages you _could_ choose not to
install.  There are some I certainly don't recommend leaving out, but for the
sake of completeness, I'm listing them.  There were a few others that could
have been left out, but that would have resulted in what I consider to be
really, really, essential stuff being left out also.  There are also some
commands that I think should really be added, but that's more personal
preference than anything.

Note that with a number of these, if you mark them as "Taboo" you'll be prompted to
resolve a conflict, and you'll have to check the box that says "don't install the packages
that require this one."

Mark Post

Mark -
   Thanks for the list. I'll use it as a starting point and see which I
really don't need and those that I will keep.

--
Kim Goldenberg
Systems Programmer I