From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of LJ
Mace
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 12:47 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: java install question

We have run into what some seem to think is a Java
problem, so we were asked to upgrade. Currently we are
running:
  rpm -qa |grep sun
java-1_4_2-sun-plugin-1.4.2.11-1.1
java-1_4_2-sun-1.4.2.11-1.1

So I went to the download site and downloaded :
j2re-1_4_2_14-linux-i586.rpm

I followed the directions to install it from:
www.java.com/en/download/help/linux_install.xml#install

Made a change to my java.conf file,amoung other
things, and then tried the app. It still fails, so I
do another rpm -qa |grep sun fully expecting to see
the java...14 version,but it still shows the
old(above) display. I then rebooted but that didn't
help. I thought maybe some here could help.
thanks
Mace

Be a PS3 game guru.
Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Yahoo!
Games.