From: Jones, Russell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 3:33 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Printer help

I think that you are right about not having the lpd emulation set up. I
found a How-To for setting up the cups-lpd helper server, but I have not
gotten it to work.

I tried starting it by "/usr/lib/cups/daemon/cups-lpd start", and the
process would hang and have to be killed. I also tried putting it in
inetd by adding " printer         stream  tcp     nowait lp
/usr/lib/cup/daemon/cups-lpd" to /etc/inetd.conf. inetd seemed to
restart okay, but I am still unable to do a lpr print and I am not sure
if cups-lpd is actually running.

Is there another approach that I should try?

Russ