From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Ayer, Paul W
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 8:50 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: [LINUX-390] RHEL 4 - FCP - tape drives

Hi Ray,

Yes that's what I did cd /sys/bus/scsi/devices and did an ls ... empty
also a cat /proc/scsi and cat /proc/scsi/scsi is empty too. lstape is
blank.

On the wwnn and wwpn side at first I was trying to use what filled in
there when I echo'ed 1 to online but then on the vm console I would see
an error.

Later I was able to get the real wwnn and for the tape_controler and the
wwpn for each of the two tape drives (putting them on 0.0.1a06 and
0.0.a107)
Now when I try to start them there are no errors and also when I boot
the
System the boot messages say that SCSI is stating ok.

I'm still a bit unsure as to how to setup the /etc/zfcp.conf format and
am hopping that is my problem but again following the steps I the doc
works fine for all the /sys/bus/scsi/drivers stuff but not the devices
stuff.

A vmcp q fcp does show 1a06 and 1a07 are attached.

Thanks,