Shouldn't you have had a <Soapbox On/> there ?

From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
David Stuart
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 12:45 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Need z/VM-LINUX info

Sorry Dave,

But this is one of my pet peeves, here.  I probably should have pulled
out my <Soapbox On>.

> Is it just me, or does no one in the computer science field get taught

> how to do basic literature searches for past inventions?

Doesn't really matter what is being taught.  The problem, here, at
least, and probably other places, is that management isn't doing basic
literature searches, whether or not they know/were taught how.  Here, we
seem to be suffering from Drive-by Management (from Scott Adams'
Dilbert), or Management by Airline Magazine/Consultant Report/...  As
the articles and reports change, so does the 'strategic direction'.

Dave

Dave Stuart

Prin. Info. Systems Support Analyst

County of Ventura, CA

805-662-6731

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> "David Boyes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 6/13/2007 9:24 AM >>>

snip.