>>> On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at  3:43 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Kim Goldenberg
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We are starting our Linux POC and all has been going well. Until I got
> to the Hipersockets, that is.
-snip-
> z/OS -- OSA -- network -- OSA -- Linux (on vswitch)
>
> Wanted:
>
> z/OS -- Hipersockets -- Linux
-snip-
> Any ideas as to why the SLES9x will not talk to z/OS? Any thing I should
> look for, ask or z/OS network people, etc.?

Can the Linux guest ping either of the z/OS systems?

Does the Linux guest still have the OSA connection defined as a NIC?  If so,
what IP address and subnet mask is assigned to it?  If it's a 172.20.2.x/24
address, that is most likely your problem (although I would expect that to
still work,just not by using the HiperSocket).

> SLES9x info:
>
> lnxa0001:/home/otsgold # uname -a
> Linux lnxa0001 2.6.5-7.244-s390x #1 SMP Mon Dec 12 18:32:25 UTC 2005
> s390x s390x s390x GNU/Linux

It wouldn't hurt to make sure you have on all the maintenance for SLES9.  Your
kernel is not the most current.

A better picture of _all_ the network interfaces, with IP addresses, network
masks, routing, etc. for the z/OS systems and the Linux guest would be useful.