Few years ago we have some MySql  database running. I was told to create
4   40G (LVM) servers. I don't know the size of the database. The only
thing I was told
was to create /usr, /opt. /tmp...onto LVM and MySql is installed.  The
servers will be ADMIN by other groups....no problem reported on
performance

When LINUX first intruded on MF, I migrated some data that are in APLDI
format to PostReGSQL  The size of the data is about 2G at the time. The
reason I chose PostReqSQL
is because   APL and the elements in the  array is part of the search.
MySQL I founded to be more friendlier..  After  I got the data migrated and
run queries --> what they would do in APL

- The user feels  MF is too expensive, and who support PostRegSQL. In fact
the  PostRegSQL address one of the problem(array) that other $$$database
can't.

The only thing I can say, both products woks and you should give a try and
see if it fit in your  enviromnets.

                Mark Post
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                Sent by: Linux         LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
             on 390 Port                                                cc
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             IST.EDU>                                              Subject
                                       Re: FW: zLinux and MySql

                07/03/2007
             04:52 PM

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 IST.EDU>

>>> On Tue, Jul 3, 2007 at  4:18 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Britz,
Anton
- CO 7th" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anybody using MySQL on zLinux and if so :
>
> A) how much data have you got in MySQL and
> B) what type of through-put are you getting from MySQl ?
> C) Are you accessing any other Data sources

I'm not personally aware of anyone running MySQL on the mainframe.  I am
aware of massive use of it on midrange systems, some of them in mission
critical applications.  (I've always been a little disappointed that many
mainframe shops aren't using more of the "major" open source packages like
MySQL.  It seemed like a natural cost savings over commercial software.)

Have you tried MySQL and experienced performance problems, or are you just
seeing if anyone else has tried it out before you start?

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com

Note:  The information contained in this message and any attachment
to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee
or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete
it from your system. Thank you.  NYSE Group, Inc.