[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I got the following when I was trying to harden the system

I don't think I've ever seen Bastille Linux mentioned here before.

I's a few years since I looked at it (RHL 7.x or so I think) and then I
thought it somewhat overrated. Useful perhaps for a sysadmin who doesn't
know properly what he's doing.

I will acknowledge usefulness as an educational tool.

Also, I don't recall seeing it as part of a distro, though Debian
probably has it, but it's not part of a standard install.

Which all goes to say, I think you're pretty much on your own. If the
Bastille Linux folk don't have a mailing list or online discussion
forum, probably you're out of luck

Of course, it's perfectly possible Adam, David or Mark will jump in and
contradict me:-)

Best I can offer is to reread the instructions, and to try it on an IA32
system running the same distro: that's most likely what the developers
test on and expect you to be running on.

lnx001:~ # bastille -b
NOTE:    Entering Critical Code Execution.
         Bastille has disabled keyboard interrupts.

Can't locate Bastille/IPFilter.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib
/opt/sec_mgmt         /bastille/lib /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3
/s390x-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/p         erl5/site_perl/5.8.3
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/Bastille /usr/lib/perl5/s
ite_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/s390x-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib         /perl5/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3
/s390x-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/         perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /usr/sbin/BastilleBackE         nd line
309.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/BastilleBackEnd line 309.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait