We have put together a web-cam how-to on setting up ssh keys between
z/OS and Linux.
The webcam is  in the z/OS --> linux direction, but the same applies in
the other direction.

http://dovetail.com/docs/coz/demo_keys.html

Additionally, the Co:Z and Dataset Pipes product installation
documentation on our site
has additional information on setting up z/OS <-> Linux ssh keys.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies

Peter Rothman wrote:
Our shop has this situation:
User A has a userid on Linux and a userid on MVS - they are not named the
same.
EG. On linux it is prothman and on MVS it is pm1pkr.

We have a process/application that requires an OpenSSH setup on BOTH
systems to allow ssh traffic between the 2 systems/users without having to
specify a password.

On linux prothman must be able to "ssh -l pm1pr mvs-sys"
and on MVS pm1pkr must be able to "ssh -l prothman linux-sys"

We are also are looking into having a 'super user' on MVS that is allowed
to ssh into any linux userid without having to present a password.
I have this scenario working in a linux-linux combination but cannot get it
to work in the MVS-Linux environment.

I have googled the subject and have some documentation but cannot get this
to work.
Can anyone point me to some 'good' documentation.

Thanks