Ok, I have resolved my problem.

I don't have any 3rd party software installed like you do Raymond
but when I did a SPiden -vv it gave me a list of the packages it
didn't like.  Sure enough, when I look at the SP1 installation
CDs, the level for these packages is a bit newer than what I have.
Why the SP1 upgrade did not resolve these and why they don't show
up when I do an Online Update in Yast is beyond me.

I used Yast and did 'Software Management' to install the later
version of the pacakges and now SPident reports correct results.

Thanks for those how helped.

Aria.