In two months, I doubt that anyone can determine market demand.
I would have bought one, but I didn't need a new PC at that time.

At the end of the year (2005), I bought a Thinkpad  some model or other.  It
sure doesn't like linux (Suse 8, Suse 9 or Suse 10).  Power management doesn't
work.  The battery indicator doesn't work,  Wifi does work.  Leave Linux up for
over 30 minutes, and the Thinkpad shuts down.  The fan sometimes doesn't come
on and the laptop overheats.

I think the laptop is a G40.  It didn't have Linux as one of the supported
Operation Systems at the time I bought it.  I will make sure support is there
on the following hardware purchases.  For now, it converted me back to XP.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting
(perhaps I can put OS/2 on it<G>)

>>> Mark Post <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 8/6/2007 1:17 PM >>>
>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2007 at  1:59 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Tom Duerbusch
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It seems like Dell had a Linux Preload offer for a few months.  I took it
> that Microsoft had a talk with them and the Linux preloads were taken off the
> market.  It seems to me that was 2 years ago.

Doubtful.  Most likely not enough people were buying them.  Dell is once again
offering Linux systems again.

> I wonder what changed to allow Lenovo to consider doing this?

Market demand has changed (increased) considerably.