Yup, looked like an S0C1 to me too...   It was on a System Z BC, brand
new (just turned on IFL)....

But fear not, it wasn't hardware...

On a whim I used "real" ssh from my Linux FTP server and it worked
fine...   But surprisingly it came up in a graphic X window...

I had changed my default Putty setting to enable X11 forwarding for
something else I was working on.   Apparently something in the install
process or yast was seeing that and dieing because I didn't have an X
server running.

I haven't had time to recreate it and "prove it" but I suspect that's it..

Lee

Mark Post wrote:
On Tue, Aug 7, 2007 at  2:30 AM, in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,