This is normal for EXT2 filesystems.  I don't know if this also happens on EXT3.

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
David Stuart
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 4:26 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Forced Disk Check During Boot

Afternoon again,

</set newbie on>

During a reboot this afternoon, I received a message stating that it had been
143 days since /dev/dasd?1 had been checked.  Check forced.

This occurred for all the physical /dev/dasd?1 drives, the two small LVM
groups, and some of the special directories.

Is this normal?  I don't remember ever seeing this before, even when it had
been several months since the prior reboot.

I do not remember when the system was last rebooted.  It could easily have been
143 days.  I am the only on who uses it.

SLES 9 SP 3 running in an LPAR (no, no z/VM) on a 9672.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave Stuart
Prin. Info. Systems Support Analyst