From: Linux on 390 Port on behalf of David Stuart
Sent: Wed 8/22/2007 3:52 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Counties running Linux on a z-Series/System z?

Thanks Mario,

I'll take a look at the presentation.

Dave

Dave Stuart
Prin. Info. Systems Support Analyst
County of Ventura, CA
805-662-6731
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> "Mario Held" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 8/22/2007 10:07 AM >>>
>Afternoon,
>
>We are looking at bringing in a z9 BC to replace our existing 9672, with
the
>possibility of also running Linux on the z9.  However, my CIO is
concerned with
>the types of applications, number of IFLs required, other county
governments
>doing this, etc., that can be run on the z9.
>
>Are there any county governments running Linux on a z-Series or z9?
>
>If so, would you be kind enough to share the types of applications,
number of
>IFL's, data bases, or any other information that might be of interest to
my
>CIO.
>

>TIA,
>Dave

>Dave Stuart
>Prin. Info. Systems Support Analyst
>County of Ventura, CA
>805-662-6731
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Dave,

at the SHARE User Event last week in San Diego I attended session 9231
"Building
a strong z/VM and Linux on the mainframe architecture" was given. There
the Linux
on the mainframe at Centre des services partages Quebec was shown. I found
softcopy of the presentation here:

http://blog.coleo.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/share_session_9231.pdf

Hope it includes what you are looking for.

Regards Mario

Mario Held
Linux Performance - Linux on System z
IBM Boeblingen Lab, Germany