On Aug 23, 2007, at 3:24 AM, Rob van der Heij wrote:

On 8/23/07, Adam Thornton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

More seriously, your issue is not with Debian--your problem is that
VMware doesn't run on PPC iBooks.

Maybe yours, but not mine ;-)

My concern is that when going other than the stock kernels that VMware
have seen before, I end up compiling my own vmware stub modules. So I
am forced to keep compiler and libraries on a system that I meant to
be only the hipervisor. And I would miss the additional drivers in the
guest for the "diag-like" interface (don't know if I could build those
when I also install compilers in each guest).

The guest drivers are independent of the hypervisor environment.  As
to the other objection, well, that's why you have a development
environment, isn't it?

Adam