Mark spent quite a bit of time working with me off-list, but we got the missing
OSA/2 interfaces working again.

The problem was a missing hotplug, due to a newbie error.

I want to thank Mark for all the time he spent working on this with me.

Dave

Dave Stuart
Prin. Info. Systems Support Analyst
County of Ventura, CA
805-662-6731
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> "Mark Post" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 9/3/2007 10:02 AM >>>
>>> Christian Langer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 09/03/07 5:23 AM >>>
> What I don't understand is, why you have to build an initrd? Isn't it
> sufficient to add the modules in /etc/modules?

Christian,

Because my memory of which distribution does insmod commands for the network
interface in the initrd was faulty.  As it turns out, RHEL is the one that does
it, not SLES.  Just FYI, SLES9 doesn't really use /etc/modprobe.conf,
/etc/modules.conf, or /etc/modprobe.d/* for setting up OSA interfaces.  The
module name is in /etc/sysconfig/hardware/hwcfg-{qeth,lcs}-bus-ccw-0.0.####.