Kevin R writes:
> Sounds like too little, too late to me.

  The release of Symphony may be much less significant that IBM's
involvement in OpenOffice.org

  I often use Star / Open Office and its an excellent set of
productivity tools.  In my experience its main downside is that
sometimes it has trouble with a Microsoft Office generated doc.

  The more collaboration there is on this software, the better it will
be.  And this is what's promised by IBM's involvement.
--
--henry schaffer