Use one of the text mode browsers that are available on both VM and Linux. Use
either REXX on VM or
your favorite script language on Linux. It should be easy to write a script
that will run against a
list of printers.

Susan Zimmerman wrote:
Hi listers,

I was curious if anyone was aware of a product on the market that could run
batched snmp queries against printers and report back the device type/model
to a file.  We can use the web browser to display this information... but
it is terribly time consuming to do this for hundreds of printers.

It would be great if it could run on zLinux plus I could ftp that data to
my
workstation to be cut/paste into a word document.

--
Stephen Frazier
Information Technology Unit