SLES9 64-bit

The existing swap disk (/dev/dasda1) wasn't large enough.  We allocated
a larger mini disk for device 200 by adding 600 cyl.  However, when I
bounce the guest, /dev/dasda1 isn't recognized.

# mkswap /dev/dasda1
/dev/dasda1: No such device or address

I have to issue the following commands to make it work:
# fdasd -ask /dev/dasda
# mkswap /dev/dasda1
# swapon /dev/dasda1

Am I missing something?  Anyone have notes on expanding the swap disk?

Also, I'm getting this error on another machine:
# fdasd -ask /dev/dasdh
/dev/dasdh is not an ECKD disk!  This disk type is not supported!

-Channon