Hello all -

   I am attempting to set up WebSphere App Server for HATS so that it
starts up correctly. If I take the startup scripts that WAS creates,
they end up in a jumble that never gets off the ground after a Linux
reboot. They seem to have started, but they never really initialize. If
I do it manually, I start the HTTP server with their version of
apachectl, then I start the DepMgr, the NodeAgent and finally the
AppServer, and all is well.

   I am attempting to use the Required-Start: items in the script
headers to make them start in the (?seemingly?) required order. I had to
change the Provides: statement to make each one different (The DepMgr,
NodeAgent, and AppServer all said "Websphere init" for that) and added
the information to apachectl to give the same information.

apachectl Required-Start: $network $syslog
DepMgr    Required-Start: $network $syslog apachectl
NodeAgent Required-Start: $network $syslog apachectl DepMgr
AppServer Required-Start: $network $syslog apachectl Depmgr NodeAgent

The scripts are called the same as the Provides: string. No matter what,
they end up in a clump as either S01... or S02... and network is
$05network, etc. I am using Yast Runlevel Editor Expert mode to
enable/disable them.

What am I doing wrong?

Kim

--
Kim Goldenberg
Systems Programmer I

begin:vcard
fn:Kim Goldenberg
n:Goldenberg;Kim
org:State of Nnew Jersey;Office of Information Technology (OIT)
adr:200 Riverview Plaza;;PO Box 212;Trenton;NJ;08625-0212;USA
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Systems Programmer I
tel;work:609-777-3722
tel;fax:609-777-3939