Hi Ray
I think it depends on where you are sitting.
If you are looking at one or twolinux servers then it is probably rare.
But if you are supporting hundreds or thousands of servers then it is an
everyday occurrence.

Calvin Fisher

             Ray Mansell
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             Sent by: Linux on                                          To
             390 Port                  LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             IST.EDU>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Dynamic configuration changes
             11/07/2007 11:08
             AM

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 IST.EDU>

Mark Perry wrote:
> Yes Ray, when adding extra DASD to a non-stop server, and of course a
> lot more in a testing environment, we even add and remove CPUs for
> different tests.
>
> Mark

Thanks, Mark... but this is a relatively rare event, yes? I should have
been a little more explicit, in that I'm trying to determine if such
dynamic configuration changes might be something that happens often. In
CMS applications, for example, it is commonplace to LINK/DETACH
minidisks often during a session. I'm pretty sure such configuration
changes are much rarer in Linux, is that correct?

Thanks again,
Ray

<<inline: graycol.gif>>

<<inline: pic27215.gif>>