Hello list,

I have recently implemented Link Aggregation on my Vswitch. I was expecting to
see increased throughput on single Vnic's, but no such thing. Apparently there
is another bottleneck that I can't pinpoint yet. I have been looking at it with
IBM PTK but nothing obvious shows. I do have Velocity ESALPS, but they don't
use domain 8 monitor records yet (eh, Barton, how about it?), so the picture is
sketchy there. Then I went hunting for performance documents in this area.
There are tons of documents focussing on the capacity of various OSA cards,
Hipersockets etc, but none that I can find on what a single Vnic can do. Being
a total software construct I would assume the only bottleneck there would be
the availability of Vcpu power. True or false? Who can say anything on this?

Best regards,
Pieter Harder

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel  +31-73-6837133 / +31-6-47272537