Thanks for the suggestions, all.  I got pulled off onto some z/OS work
for a while, but I'm back on this now.

I think that I will go with the "nostart" file solution for the quick
fix and look at implementing a menued solution later.

I'm hoping to set up clustering later for this particular guest, but it
will take me a while to get that done.  I'm also not sure how well that
would work with our uniprocessor configuration.

Jon