It also might have been better accepted if it hadn't started with "Hey, has
anyone here heard anything about frobnicating feezils?" It was formed as a
question, but turned into an obvious ad, and it was obviously from a person
within the frobnicating company, so obviously, someone here had heard about
it already....

If you're going to ask a question, ask it. If you're going to market, then
market (and take the flames it produces). Don't build an ad in the form of q
question, as it will garner you far more flames than the blatant ad would
have.

I have the same problem with job postings to the list. We're allowed to use
the list here, but not if it carries job offerings, as management considers
that job hunting on company time, and we can actually lose our jobs because
of it. I cringe whenever someone posts a "We're looking for a Software
Engineer" type listing, because I see it as a hazard to my continued
employment.

--
   .~.    Robert P. Nix             Mayo Foundation
   /V\    RO-OE-5-55                200 First Street SW