Group -
        We are using both SLES 9x and SLES10. I have set up my ssh to use keys
for authentication, and X forwarding is turned on for trusted
connections. (My desktop is Ubuntu Linux.) When I invoke an X-enabled
application (such as YaST2) under SLES9x, it opens in an X window. When
I do the same under SLES10, it gives me the ncurses version. If I try to
 edit a file with gedit (Gnome text editor), it tells me:
" Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:  "

Can anyone point the way to remedy this challenge? What is the obvious
thing that I am missing?

TIA

Kim

--
Kim Goldenberg
Systems Programmer I

begin:vcard
fn:Kim Goldenberg
n:Goldenberg;Kim
org:State of Nnew Jersey;Office of Information Technology (OIT)
adr:200 Riverview Plaza;;PO Box 212;Trenton;NJ;08625-0212;USA
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Systems Programmer I
tel;work:609-777-3722
tel;fax:609-777-3939