Currently running WAS on zOS and we are migrating to a zLinux system.
 There are about 10 mod-9s (60-80 GB) worth of WAS data a lot of Docs and
 PDF created from data mining apps that need to be migrated off of zOS,
 WHILE MAINTAINING ACLs AS WELL AS PERMISSIONS.  That's the big key,
 getting the ACL's to go with the data.
 What we have tried:
 Exporting the zOS HFS as an NFS, mounting the filesysem to zLinux and
 pulling the data. The ACLs do not come across. There has been some debate
 as to whether v4 of NFS can support ACLs, but have no idea how to
 configure NFS on zOS to do so.
 Mounting a zLinux NFS share to zOS USS. We have not been able to
 successfully mount the zLinux share. We have gotten a wide range of errors
 and even to the point where it appeared we did get successful mount (no
 errors returned), but could still not see the data.
 There is concern to begin with about zipping up an HFS of this size (using
 PAX or STAR, which are archiving programs that will maintain ACLs) without
 overloading the machine and failing anyways.  Simple file transfers, scp,
 ftp, etc. does not seem to maintain the ACLs either.
 Again, thanks for any help,

Sincerely,
Paul J. Johnson
IBM Sales & Distribution, Eastern Region
zSeries New Work Load FTSS
IBM Office 914-517-5117
cell 845-494-9359 (preferred)
Home Office 845-987-7873