Much of the doc out there is for earlier releases (I'm running SLES10)
and there is no real step by step information out there to add FCP to an
existing Linux Virtual Server.
The FCP Redbooks and NPIV Redbooks make some sign cant assumptions on
the level of knowledge  that we have. So for example:

I'm attaching to a EMC Clarion in my test environment.
 I had to sign into the switch before they could finish the masking, but
when using yast it insisted on knowing ALL the details of the FCP
connection before I could proceed. By experimentation I found that if I
used the zfcp_host_configure command to set the VM device on line it
signed me in and out of the switch.

Then there was more time spent trying to find commands to show what I
could see and where they were all located. Some of the things I came
across like san_disc  showed up but with no examples to go by I couldn't
work out what it was asking for or the appropriate entries.  Other
commands I came across like lsscsi, lszfcp are mentioned in differing
presentations scattered around the web.

If this mailing list and the z/VM one did not exist my project would
have failed totally.

(Thank you ALL !)

Jerry Whitteridge
Safeway Inc
925 951 4184

"Email Firewall" made the following annotations.

Warning:
All e-mail sent to this address will be received by the corporate e-mail
system, and is subject to archival and review by someone other than the
recipient.  This e-mail may contain proprietary information and is intended
only for the use of the intended recipient(s).  If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that you have received this
message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately.