On Tuesday, 02/05/2008 at 05:38 EST, Ivan Warren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> For a properly privileged user, examining someone else's memory isn't
> that difficult if I remember correctly..

Yes, but that's not at issue.  It is a given that a privileged user can do
extraordinary things.

Since no general user has more than class G, memory and spool are
protected.  With the ability to put CP commands in the directory, Rob's
"less than class G" solutions become far more interesting.  E.g. I can
take away the SET SECUSER, SET OBSERVER, SPOOL and MESSAGE commands and
the ADRSPACE diagnose, as well as limit IUCV activity.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott