1. Having the define in the exec allows the Linux admin staff to update
what
   is needed for swap. If an adjustment is made it can be done via the
linux
   level and not have to contact the vm staff to update the profile.
   Current Linux admin staff do not want to even hear about cms or vm so
we
   try as much as possible to keep them in an area that like.

2. Upping the vdisk space is not the number one option just one of them
we
   would first try to find why then address that..

3. I'll look into this but the address is always 9999 and the disk ends
up
   /dev/dasd* ends up as the last one all the time even when you add
more
   Disks.

Thanks for all the input from every one. This was a first attempt to
make some dynamic access and again not have to follow long request paths
to get work done by multiple groups (an internal thing) ...

Paul