So this was done by "mis" design for some reason. You can save your company
quite a bit of
money by removing all the CPU/dedicate statements from your directory and
starting to use
2 IFLs instead of 1. You really should get a performance monitor, any decent
one would
have completely clarified this for you.  Or pay for 2 more IFLs if you'd rather.

Ayer, Paul W wrote:

I am told (I'll have to get a copy of the vm profiles too)that for now
CPU 01 is the only CPU def in each of the Linux guest profiles. And
there is a dedicate statement too. So this leaves CPU 00 for VM.

so this was done by design for some reason.

I'm thinking that this is a waste also. Just wanted to see if there was
some reason I had not heard of for this.

We really have four IFL's on that system with only two turned on right
now, but I'm starting to look at ramping things up some.

Thanks for the info,

Paul