Thanks Les

You are right. How do we order z/VM and not get z/VM? (rhetorical). I do
not know what went wrong but we ordered it again. The problem with fool
proof methods is that they only account for the fools I guess.

Peter

"Les Geer (607-429-3580)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
04/15/2008 09:41 PM
Please respond to
Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
Has anyone order z/VM from ShopZseries?

According to Sue Baloga, it looks like this order consisted of DFSMS
only, which could be a valid VM/SDO order.  You can order the z/VM base
system and/or optional licensed products. When anything is ordered
through the VM/SDO,base or LP,  the optional product enabling aid is also
shipped.

The installation instructions has two links; one for the operating
system (z/VM System Deliverable) and one for the optional licensed
products (z/VM Licensed Products).  If you ordered optional products
only, you should use the second link

Here's what the page looks like:

IBM Systems  >    System z  >    z/VM  >

Installation Instructions for Electronically Delivered z/VM System
Deliverable and Licensed Products.

For instructions on installing the electronic files (zip) for the z/VM
Operating System go to:

    * Installation Instructions for Electronically Delivered z/VM System
      Deliverable

For instructions on installing the electronic product envelope (servlink)
files for z/VM Licensed Products go to:

    * Installation Instructions for Electronically Delivered z/VM License
     Products

If doesn't appear the base operating system (z/VM System Deliverable)
was ordered.

Best Regards,
Les Geer
IBM z/VM and Linux Development

>I ordered z/VM V5.3 from ShopZseries and received the following
downloads:

>Opt Prod Enabling Aid
>        Download ? V6720401.TERS0014 (0.730 MB)
>DFSMS/VM FL221
>        Download ? V6720403.TERS0014 (63.8 MB)
>DFSMS/VM Kanji
>        Download ? V6720402.TERS0004 (2.8 MB)
>
>and some electronic Documentation.
>
>The doc refers to zip files and creating DVDs but this is all I see. Am
I=

>correct in assuming there is more to z/VM 5.3 and that something is
>missing? Thanks.

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is
proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright
belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI").  This Email is
intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed.  If
you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies.  PHI
policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive
statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email
communication.  PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such
communications.