On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 2:48 AM, Lee Stewart
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there anything in the rescue kernel that is NOT in the regular
>  kernel?   (Any reason to use the rescue kernel as opposed to just
>  linking to the penguin with a problem from on that is happy?)

I have always avoided the rescue kernel approach. With Linux on z/VM
we have indeed better ways to do it.
There's some issues with LVM when you try to get hold of the disks
from another system. Even when the happy Linux does not use LVM, it
may still take some experiments to get it right. But that might be a
motivation not to do LVM for the disks that you need to get a happy
system.

-Rob