Thanks John.  I actually figured this out late yesterday.  The command I need
is reboot which can be executed from a cron invoked script (it's also in /sbin).

---- Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU> wrote:

> Fargusson.Alan wrote:
> > The PATH that cron uses probably does not include /sbin.  You could try
> > using /sbin/shutdown... in the shell script.
> or set PATH yourself in the crontab.
>

> --
>
> Cheers
> John
>
> -- spambait
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> -- Advice
> http://webfoot.com/advice/email.top.php
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>
> You cannot reply off-list:-)

> send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit

Bill Dodge
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: (703)627-2455

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there."
Lewis Carroll
"If you don't know where you are, a map won't help" Unknown