-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
John Summerfield
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 8:13 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: SSL CERTIFICATE

Rob van der Heij wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 6:20 AM, John Summerfield
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> If I created a self-signed certificate for example.com, it would not be
>> to provide my identity to the public at large, but for use within a
>> small group. Not everyone needs _that_ level of security.
>
> Sure, context. If you sit in the broom closet and just show your

So far as I can tell, Thomas' entire network is in a broom cupboard.

That is my argument with the auditor. There is no 3270 access to my 'Z' outside
of the broom closet. You can point your browser to the 'Z' all day I don't care
there are no web server to answer your call. All of the web services are
handled on a different platform. I don't even think I need the LINUX SSLSERV
since all I have is a 3270 network. To appease the audit I'll do it, but I just
don't seem to get anything other than a self-signed certificate to store on the
LINUX database.
--

Cheers
John