How about a new name? ez/VM 1.1 ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Alan Altmark
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 11:18 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: mixing IFLs and GPs in an LPAR

On Friday, 06/20/2008 at 11:28 EDT, Wayne Driscoll
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Alan,
> My guess is that since this currently isn't available in z/VM 5.3, Steve
was
> using 5.4 or 6.0 instead of stating "a future version of z/VM."  I know
IBM
> is loath to announce product versions until at the earliest the preview
> announcement, and do remember to pain caused when the "pseudo-announced"
DB2
> V4.2 was re-branded as DB2 V5.1.

Sorry - I forgot my smiley. :-)  I understand that people like to name new
releases of software.  "Will IBM re-version?  If they do, does that mean
it has something really really cool, or just the usual bright and shiny
objects?"  It's like an internal contest with one's self.

But for those new to the party, references like that can be confusing.
"What?  I didn't see any mention of that!  Let me waste time looking for
it...."

It could be a PTF for an existing release or a new release.  Or a new
version.  If a new version, will it have new pricing?  Which will it be???
 Hmmm....  Bwahahahahaaaa! (Get thee behind me, Chuckie!)

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott