>>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at  1:06 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Levy, Alan"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for the info.
>
> In the yup config file, how do you specify multiple architectures (sles9
> and 10), subversions (sp1, sp2, etc), directories (sles9, sles10), etc.
> In your example, you only specify sles10 sp1

YUP only works with SLES10 GA and later.  For SLES9, YaST had a built-in "YOU
Server" tool that will turn a system into a local update source.  For SLES10,
the configuration file, /etc/sysconfig/yup, has a variable in there
"YUP_SUBVERSIONS" that can specify multiple release levels, such as GA, SP1, or
SP2.  Edit that to have what you want to download.

You only specify a top-level directory for YUP.  YUP will automatically create
any necessary subdirectories for the various products underneath that, such as
SLES10, SLED10, s390, s390x, etc.  Which architectures you want to mirror is
specified by the YUP_ARCH variable in /etc/sysconfig/yup.

Understand that if you start to mirror multiple release levels, such as GA,
SP1, and SP2, you're going to be using up a _lot_ of disk space.  I'm currently
mirroring SLES10 SP1 and SP2 for i586, x86_64, and s390x, and SLED10 SP1 and
SP2 for i586 and x86_64.  That all by itself it taking up about 51GB.  So, just
watch out.