Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU> wrote on 16.07.2008 11:53:12:
> Should I try to mount the actual partitions under boot sequentially? I
am new
> to RAID and am not sure how to proceed.

zipl doesn't work with logical volumes, such as RAID1-like mirror setups.
The reason behind this is that zipl lacks knowledge about this type of
device which prevents it from putting the right type of IPL record into
the right place. Because this can cause various types of malfunctions,
current versions of zipl even check whether they're pointed at a DASD
or ZFCP disk and bail out if neither is the case.

This is being worked on and some future version of zipl should be able to
cope with a defined set of logical volume setups (no dates given though).

Regards,
  Peter Oberparleiter

--
Peter Oberparleiter