Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU> wrote on 08/05/2008 08:11:42 AM:

> I feel your pain.  We were using vi (we have other more colorful names
> for it).  I've found that nano is a little more straight forward.
> http://www.nano-editor.org/

That is what I prefer to use, also, but when you're stuck at the VM guest
console, in 3270 emulation mode via X3270, TN3270, blue-zone or what have
you, Nano doesn't work worth a damn either. You need a line based editor or
something that speaks 3270. So your options are pretty limited to such
things as sed, ed and ex. Other variants exist I'm sure. Is there a full screen
editor that speaks 3270 for Linux on z/Series?