Hello,
one of our Linux sles9 SP4  DB2 databaseservers running under z/VM 5.3.0
RSU0801 felt yesterday afternoon in a kind of coma.
The linux stopped running. The putty-session got an timeout. I was no
longer able to ping.
The processor for this lpar was only 20% busy for other linux guests at
this time.
After that I tried to logon directly to the green screen. But I only got
a black screen with LOGON LX004 at the top.
The ind user lx004 shows no I/Os, no cpu consumtion. The performance
toolkit displayed only zeros for this LX004.

After force/xautolog LX004 everything worked fine again.
Looking in the linux logs gave no hint what lead to the coma situation.
There is enough space free in the filesystems.
I have no idea what happened yesterday.
Has anybody an idea ? What can I do if the situation come back again ?

This mail is crossposted to LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU and
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

kind regards
Horst Rempel