I can't speak for the products Marcy has listed, but there are factors
that often prevent support from day 1:

1) The schedule is Novell's and not IBM's
2) The Schedule can slip even for beta releases causing testing delays.
3) IBM Testing is not complete until you have tested on a Novell GA release.
4) There have been last minute changes from Novell that caused confusion
about what is GA (SLES9 SP4 found a major bug which caused a delay.)

While all major vendors will of course be involved in the Beta testing
of any new Novell release, I would think it reasonable to assume that
any vendor may not fully certify/support a new Novell GA release for at
least a few weeks following the GA release date, 2-6 depending on
problems found.

mark