That's controlled via pam, just remove the kerberos pam config to remove
that.
however that's not the problem.
best guess is you have SElinux enabled and it is blocking you
if you do not intend to use SELinux you can set it to permissive mode or
disable completely
if you do want SELinux used, you need to set the Boolean to allow FTP access
check /var/log/messages   it should let you know what's going on there
I don't have the commands handy to turn it off or allow access

William Carroll

Kim Goldenberg wrote:
Stahr, Lea wrote:
We cannot get an FTP session open on this RHEL 5.1 system. Any ideas
what we are doing wrong??

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# ftp  brksvl10

Connected to brksvl10.

220 (vsFTPd 2.0.5)

530 Please login with USER and PASS.

530 Please login with USER and PASS.

KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type

It looks like you haven't (correctly?) set up kerberos as an
authentication mechanism (pam?). As I don't use kerberos, I'm not
qualified to comment on how to set it up, but your user appear to be
attempting to connect with kerberos credentials.

Kim

send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390
or visit