From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Rich Smrcina
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 2:44 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Connect to DB2 with PHP

Stewart Thomas J wrote:
> I don't have experience from Linux, but PHP on z/OS has a DB2 driver.
Just wanted to make sure you knew that. So you could do your PHP-ing on
z/OS (if feasible) or an ugly solution might be to do a PHP to PHP call
from Linux to z/OS. Although I'm guessing there is some kind of driver
to remotely call into DB2 from Linux directly that someone will point
out.

> __________________________________
> Tom Stewart
> Infrastructure Analyst
> John Deere - z/OS Support Services
> em: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> __________________________________

I'm fairly certain PHP as a set of DB2 functions.  My guess is that they
will require
the DB2 client to be installed to function properly.

If the client is set up properly and can return data via the command
line or control
center (whatever they're calling it these days), then PHP should return
data.

--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richsmrcina

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2009 - Orlando, FL - May 15-19, 2009