From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of Ayer,
Paul W
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 8:19 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: [LINUX-390] why it's not working - where to start

What does this info tell me ... Do I have an OSA problem?

Performance toolkit shows;

only outbound data bytes on address 0802 the 800-802 addresses as online.

A q Vswitch vwdb032a det shows no RX bytes or packets;

We (Vswitch and real switch) believe that the vlan id is 32 Why no RX data at
the Vswitch level?

VSWITCH SYSTEM VWDB032A Type: VSWITCH Connected: 1    Maxconn: INFINITE
  PERSISTENT  RESTRICTED    ETHERNET                  Accounting: OFF
  VLAN Aware  Default VLAN: 0032    Default Porttype: Trunk   GVRP: Enabled
              Native  VLAN: 0032
  MAC address: 02-BB-BB-00-00-03
  State: Ready
  IPTimeout: 5         QueueStorage: 8
  RDEV: 0800 VDEV: 0800 Controller: VSWTCH1
    VSWITCH Connection:
      RX Packets: 0          Discarded: 0          Errors: 0
      TX Packets: 2987       Discarded: 0          Errors: 0
      RX Bytes: 0                    TX Bytes: 5280536261
      Device: 0802  Unit: 002   Role: DATA       Port: 0001  Index: 0001

RDEV: 0C00 VDEV: 0C00 Controller: VSWTCH2  BACKUP

Adapter Connections:
    Adapter Owner: AGZLS001 NIC: 0200  Name: layer2
      Porttype: Trunk
      RX Packets: 235        Discarded: 0          Errors: 0
      TX Packets: 2621       Discarded: 0          Errors: 375
      RX Bytes: 16388                TX Bytes: 5280467157
      Device: 0202  Unit: 002   Role: DATA       Port: 0067  Index: 0040
      VLAN: 0032
        Unicast MAC Addresses:
          02-BB-BB-00-00-09 IP: 10.48.32.22
        Multicast MAC Addresses: