There's also a version of THE for Windows.  It's up to 3.3 beta 3 on
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hessling-editor/ .  That said, X2 looks a
lot more usable now than it did the last time I looked at it.

Douglas
Hooray for command lines!

From:
"Smith, Ann (ISD, IT)" <ann.sm...@thehartford.com>
To:
LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Date:
12/31/2008 02:27 PM
Re: [LINUX-390] Basic question

I actually still use THE editor on SLES10 (The Hessling Editor). I've
never tried X2.
I'm still upset that Mansfield software won't be supporting KEDIT for
Windows any more.
I will check out X2.

In this case I used VISUDO just because the customer insisted they still
did not have sudo.
In the end he was just having a bad day and forgot to type 'sudo' before
the command.
The sudoers file was actually okay.