From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of
David Boyes
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:07 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: HiperSocket Performance

For bulk data transfer, make the MTU size as large as possible, and make
your packet sizes at least 40 bytes smaller than the maximum MTU to
avoid fragmentation of data packets. That allows space for the TCP
header on each packet.

Note that this will affect interactive response, so it's probably not a
good idea to try to share the same connection for interactive access and
bulk transfer like backups.

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390