On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Bernie Wu <bernard...@ncci.com> wrote:

> Hi Listers,
> We have a 2 LPARS, each hosting one VM, which in turn hosts several Linux
> guests.
> I would like to be able to query the number of guests on another LPAR from a
> linux guest on a different LPAR.  Is this possible and if so, what do I have
> to do to set it up ?

That function is provided (and a lot more) when you tie the systems
together with CSE. Apart from a steady hand, it requires CTC
connections between the LPARs (two FICON chpids and a short fiber).
The z/VM manual is not really light reading material, but there have
been some presentations and (red/rose) papers on the subject.

Rob