Hi,
  do you know  wich user  environment variable I have to test  (executing
a bash script)   to know  when  I am  in   "su -"   (switch user mode)   ?

Reading variables provided  by  "env"  command   then testing   $TERM  I
am able to  know  if  not  a Linux terminal :
..
# We can only execute on a terminal SSH / Telnet ,   not  executed if
secondary console Linux/zVM
if [[ "$TERM" != "xterm" ]] ; then  exit
fi

I would like to do the same  when the script  is executed  in a  user
logged  in  "su -  "   mode...

Thanks in advance.

Cordiali saluti  / Best regards

 Marco Bosisio        IBM Italia S.p.A.