Mauro Souza wrote:
Your problem isn't with Gnome... You are using twm as your default window
manager... You can change it (as people already said) in your
${HOME}/.vnc/xstartup. Or you could start the service (service, not program)
vncserver for the entire box. Connecting to it will bring you to a login
screen, rather to your crude, barebone desktop...
If I am not mistaken, you can change twm for gnome-wm in your xstartup file
to bring up gnome.

Mauro
http://mauro.limeiratem.com - registered Linux User: 294521
Scripture is both history, and a love letter from God.

Just to second this, replacing "twm &" with "gnome-wm &" in
~/.vnc/xstartup will give you the Gnome window manager.  To take it a
step further, if you want the Gnome menus, panels and such (full Gnome
desktop), replace with "gnome-session &".

-Brad

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Romanowski, John (OFT) <