>>> On 4/7/2009 at  1:51 PM, Daniel Vila <vi...@ar.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone, I'm trying to start the SLES11 instalation under 5.3 ZVM but
> load process is interrupted after a
> panic kernel message (SLES10 worked without problems using the same ZVM)
>
> Any ideas to find a fix?
>
> Virtual memory defined:  512k & 1024k

I would take a close look at your initrd.  On our z/VM system, it looks like
this:
FILENAME FILETYPE FM FORMAT LRECL       RECS     BLOCKS
S11XGM   INITRD   B1 F         80     161217       3149

The md5 checksum I get from the installation media for /boot/s390x/initrd is
d994b62c41e7c501d8c5b412dbbdde56  initrd

Since it's blocked into 80 byte records on z/VM, the value you get there will
be different:
a74f8798921850c7a37839b5a5529b13

I did all my test installs with 512MB, so I don't think that is the issue.
(You typed 512K, but the kernel messages you showed indicated "Total pages:
129024" which matches my system.)